Who doesn’t need a little closet organizing and packingÂ help?Â Pretty sure we all do…I have yet to meet this fabulous lady, but am very much looking forward to the opportunity as she has worked wonders on a number of friends wardrobes and closets.Â I think after #3 arrives in March…
(HELLO, doctor told me today welcome to your 3RD TRIMESTER!
HOW did that happen so quickly!!!)
Anyway, back to the point, once #3 is here and I’m ready to burn the clothes from my past 3 years, I can’t wait to have Beth help me out.Â Don’t we all need a good friend that can say “Your booty DOES NOT belong in those jeans anymore!” As well as “Your basics look good, you just need a cute pair of ballets and a bracelet to tie it all together!”.Â I would WELCOME this help!Â With our busy days it is not always easy for our girlfriends to carve out time to scrutinize our wardrobes with us….nor to be totally honest, (“I swear Shanna, I don’t even notice those 25 pounds your still fighting from #1 causing a muffin top, what muffin top???“) Uh-huh…
Let me introduce you to someone that is sure to become a favorite for us all…
BETH ZEHNDER of Smart Style
Like most of us, Beth did not set out to start Smart Style, which launched in 2008, it kind of fell into her lap as her friends asked her to help them re-work their wardrobes and closets using her eye for what works and what doesnâ€™t.
(Kind of reminds me of why I started this site…friends are wise.)
Sometimes we just need to listen to what is knocking at our door…and thankfully when we do, we end up with someone like Beth starting a company that reflects her true talent!Â With her LA edge mixed with beach style she now organizes the closets and wardrobes of some of the most fabulous fashionistas of Orange County!
Here are her tips for what to pack for your upcoming Holiday Travel…
Smart Style is about making whatâ€™s in your closet new and fresh.
The first step, is editing your wardrobe by consigning those pieces you no longer wear or donating them to a local charity.
When it comes to organizing my own closet or a clients closet, I always start with the idea of reduce, reuse, and recycle. Now that youâ€™ve edited your wardrobe, you will have more room to organize what you love to wear.
This is the fun part, re-using what works!
When you are getting ready for your vacation this holiday, reinvent your favorite pieces by mixing them in ways you may not have considered before.
Here is my go-to packing list for a one-week vacation this holiday season:
- 1 pair of jeans
- 2 pairs of pants – 1 black pair & 1 pair of grey (hot color right now)
- 3 tees – 2 neutral colors that can go with everything that you pack and one colored tee
- 1 white blouse
- 1 skirt – a pencil skirt is always great and goes with everything
- 1 dress – A basic dress that can be dressed up with jewelry or with a scarf. Like this scarf from the Gap that I love right now.
- 1 pair of ballet flats
- 1 pair of knee high boots – great tucked into jeans, with your pencil skirt & with the dress
- 1 jacket – a leather bomber jacket is fun and goes with everything or a military jacket is great for day or night
- Jewelry- Have a few necklaces on hand. A strand of pearls and layered chains & faceted glass beads.Â You can never go wrong with layering your different pieces.Â Have fun with it!
- Scarves – bring a couple.Â They can dress up and change an outfit. A ruffled border scarf or a metallic one and a neutral one that can go with anything that you pack.
- Bag – A metallic hobo is great because it goes with anything.
- A pair of tights with texture would be a fun accent to any outfit.
OK, now that our suitcase is underway, I have got to show you this awesome little FAVORITE!Â This is especially why Beth is on my FAVORITE list at the moment…
So not only will Beth come over and help you figure out the good, the bad, and the ugly, she will also make up this awesome book for you to help you pick outfits for traveling or just inspire your brain with what you have in your closet!Â I LOVE THIS!!Â It’s like looking at a menu and picking what to have for dinner!
“I’ll have the jeans, white blouse, scarf and ballet’s please!”
Lord love a person to get my life in order!!Â Great Gift idea!