There are some things in life that are just easy AND good, and you thank your lucky stars when you find them!Â I’ve been making this recipe for more years than I can remember.Â I’ve been asked for the recipe a bazillion times and I can’t tell you how many people that have asked for it, that STILL make it and email me with thanks whenever they do!
I can’t take personal credit for it (other than finding it), but it is sooooo yummy!Â Your family and your guests will be thrilled!Â I have a fabulous friend whose mother said you need to have one fail proof dinner that you know you can make with your eyes closed – this has become that dinner for many of my girlfriends!
Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin
from “Stop and Smell the Rosemary“, Jr League of Houston
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced (I buy them frozen at Trader Joe’s)
1 Tbls grated fresh ginger
1 Tbls sesame oil
1 to 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin (I buy mine in bulk at Costco)
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbls brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil in large plastic bag.
- Add tenderloin and marinate at least 2 h ours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Â Combine honey and brown sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Remove tenderloin from marinade, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Roll tenderloin in honey mixture and then roll in sesame seeds.
- Roast in a shallow pan 20 to 30 minutes, or until meat registers 160 degrees on a meat thermometer. Serve immediately.