Where to begin with this particular goodness…hmmmm.
Simply put, PHYTO hair products have saved my life.
Yes, I know that sounds dramatic, but in all honesty, with 3 pregnancies in 3 years, this is the FIRST TIME I have not lost half a head of hair!!!Â You would think just HAVING 3 kids, 2 years old and younger, would make me lose ALL of my hair.Â Somehow, these 3 miracle bottles have given me a whole new outlook on product promises.
So to begin, I was contacted by PHYTO while I was still in the hospital with Piper.Â They offered to send a little goody package of things for me to try post pregnancy.Â I’m only writing about the hair care in this post, (but there is more goodness to write about, just wait and see!).Â I had remembered using PHYTO shampoo in college.Â Do you remember the cute glass pharmacy style bottles?? (I loved the look of them, I’m a visual geek that way).Â It used to be a favorite for me and I’m not sure what phased me onto something else, but none the less, I was super excited to be reunited with an old favorite.
After scanning the site, I noticed products for thinning hair and “hair loss“.Â To say I experienced “hair loss” with Addie and Hayden would be an understatement!Â I could have supplied a bear with a fur coat of hair for the winter!!Â I was surprised ANY hair was still left on my head!!!Â I have not been able to nurse my babes, therefore, my hair loss isn’t related to nursing or not. At the 3 month mark, I kid you not, ALL but 2 strands of hair fall out of my head.Â Couple this with the fact that my kids are 11 months and 13 months apart and my hair has lived in a blender..
not pregnant…er, I mean pregnant
but then not, oh wait, yep pregnant….
I’ve dealt with hair loss and regrowth simultaneously longer than I care to admit. We have affectionatley dubbed my regrowth around my face “Ewok Ears” (you TOTALLY know what I’m talking about!!)
But when I saw my brave fabulous hair stylist at mile marker “3 months” this time (3 months 1 week to be exact).Â She says, “ I have never seen your hair so healthy!“Â OK so that would mean, pre babies, during pregnancies, between, during, between, again during, and then now she has never seen it this healthy.Â She has been doing my hair for well on 15+ years….
I HAVE NOT LOST HAIR THIS TIME AROUND!!!Â WHAT!?!?!?!
What have I been doing you ask???
- I’m lucky to wash my hair 3 times a week, and I typically don’t dry it unless I have a work function to go to, or something important.Â I just don’t have the time typically. So maybe blow dry & flat iron twice a week.
- I wash it with the Phytocyane Revitalizing Shampoo.
- I condition it with whatever is in the shower.Â At the moment, Biolage Color Care Conditioner.
- I use the Phytocyane Revitalizing Serum each time I wash my hair. (Not the recommended program, but I can only do what works for me, which should also show you that you don’t need to follow the directions letter for letter).
- I take the Phytophanere Dietary Supplement – Hair & Nails maybe 3 times a week.Â It’s all about when I remember to do it.
So doing just those simple things above, consistently for the past 3 months, I have NOT LOST ANY HAIR AFTER PIPER WAS BORN! This is “an intensive 1-month program that targets temporarily thinning hair due to stress, fatigue, pregnancy, medication, or seasonal changes. Recommended for women“
(BTW – Kinda laughing at the program description.Â I tend to think a few glasses of wine or a margarita could help too!!”)
Check this out on Sephora’s site. They sell all the products as a package deal, but more importantly, check out the success rates of users!!! And even though it says 1 month supply, that’s exactly how much I have and I’m on month 3 and still have not used everything up yet…just sayin’ …I also found the package deal on Amazon. Honestly, I know each persons’ results will vary, but I can promise you that it’s worth giving these products a shot if you have just had a baby, or are about to, or are noticing more hair than usual leave your head, YIKES!Â They have a new customer in me for sure!!
ANNNNNNNDDD, PHYTO is giving away the same products that I received to 1 lucky My Favorite Everything reader!
- (Mandatory) Comment below with your biggest hair frustration post pregnancy, (or just most frustrating anything with your hair!) because you don’t have to be post prego to appreciate these products.Â You may be out looking for a job post college, or trying to figure out how to drink a cup a coffee that isn’t cold…stress alone can make you lose your mind hair!
If you want extra entries, you can do any and all of the following:
- Follow PHYTO on Twitter
- “Like” PHYTO on Facebook
- Follow My Favorite Everything on Twitter
- “Like” My Favorite Everything on Facebook
- Subscribe to My Favorite Everything daily emails or RSS Feed.
This giveaway will run until 5:00pm PST, Wednesday, June 30th and is open to US and Canada residents.Â Good Luck!
I’m going to go count all the non missing strands of hair on my head now I’m so happy!
(Disclosure: I was sent the 3 products by PHYTO to try and am SO THANKFUL!Â These are most certainly going in the beauty favorites gallery hall of fame!)