Do you have little monsters in your house? I do. I mean they are cute little monsters. but MAN those fangs can really come out when they want a donut!!
Now I’m not going to say that we eat a lot of donuts in our house (maybe a few) and I’m not going to admit that we have a drive-thru donut shop down the street (we frequently visit) or that the girls have particular donuts they MUST have (purple sprinkles/white frosting, pink sprinkles/white frosting, sprinkled donut holes). Nope, not going to admit any of that.
But what I will admit to is being lazy on Halloween morning….
And the kids wanted donuts…but even with the imminent threat of fangs, I really didn’t feel like driving anywhere.
Lazy. Just plane LAZY.
But I did have a few cans of Pillsbury’s little biscuits in the fridge. (Hubs likes Little Smokies wrapped in biscuits for football watching Sundays.) So I figured I could work out something so my laziness didn’t have to drive anywhere.
1. Crack open a can of those 10 little biscuits
2. Cut them in half.
3. Bake them until just golden (maybe 6 minutes).
4. Dunk each in melted butter.
5. Then roll them in a mixture of white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. No idea how much of each I used. I just poured a little of it all in a bowl and stirred.
6. Stack em up on a plate and you’re whole family will be happy. In fact, you’ll come out looking like Martha, rather than the lazy person you, I started out as that morning!
(BTW – this made more than we could eat, I froze them in a Ziplock and have been pulling out a couple at a time as needed. LOVE having them ready to go ~ rather than heading to the donut store….just sayin’)
Yep, I’m lazy.