This could quite possibly be one of the most delicious pizzas I’ve ever made. Hubs and I were devouring it last weekend! Sunday we were able to move back into our house. I say this loosely as it really meant we were able to walk on the floors, not move furniture back in….but baby steps are good!
Not only did we miss our house, but our garden missed us. We had a TON of tomatoes waiting for us when we got here. We still have our summer beef steak planted. It wasn’t feeling it this summer, but it’s feeling it now, so far this Fall we’ve had some very flavorful tomatoes! On Sunday, I was trying to be creative…
Me: “Hon you want a Margarita pizza for lunch or a BLT?”
Hubs: “Wait. No, the pizza”.
Hubs: “Wait. No, the BLT”.
Hubs: “OK, whichever is easier…”
I knew there was a little inner battle going on for him. He really doesn’t care what we eat, but he LOOOVVVVES fresh tomatoes.
So I got creative and made a BLT pizza. HOLY MAN (as my mother-in-law would say) I could eat one everyday!!! It was that good and oh so very easy.
- I like to use Bridgeford bread loaves for pizza dough. It tastes like homemade, I can keep it in my freezer until I need it, I just need to leave it on the counter to defrost and rise, and if I’m in a pinch I can defrost in the microwave. Really, you can’t go wrong. Not to say that I don’t make dough from scratch sometimes too, but with the 3 babes running around, easier is better sometimes.
- I left a frozen loaf on the counter in a bowl while I went off with 1 of the babes to run errands. Got back around noon and it was defrosted.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the loaf in half and roll each half out on a floured surface.
- Once it’s rolled out, place it on a cookie sheet sprinkled with cornmeal (makes it tons easier to get the pizza back off when it’s done!)
- I brushed a little olive oil over the top then popped it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While that’s baking, cook up some bacon bits, dice a tomato (or 3 in our case), chop some Romain, and get your ranch dressing ready.
- When the crust is done baking, smear a few tablespoons of ranch over the surface, throw on the cooked bacon bits, lettuce, and tomatoes. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- NOW GO FORTH, EAT AND BE MERRY! This will make your whole day!!